News
Loading...
Home » , , , » Planetshakers LIVE in MANILA [DAY 1] Journal

Planetshakers LIVE in MANILA [DAY 1] Journal

Maybe a lot of you guys know that I am an album collector, and I collect Christian albums, strictly. One of the Christian Artists whose albums I collect is Planetshakers from Melbourne, Australia. From first listen of their song in 2009, it became one of my dreams to see them in person. Years passed, a lot of their concerts were held here in my beloved country, the Philippines, but I never had the chance to attend any of those events. Until this year, I really never knew nor expected that I would meet them face to face! Whoa!

In 2014, April particularly, I’ve had the chance to watch a worship concert FOR THE FIRST TIME, that was Hillsong United’s Zion Tour. From that event on, I promised to myself that I will never miss any concert again. Should I call it concert madness? LOL. Name it, there’s Saved Festival with Esterlyn, Israel Houghton, Victory Worship, and Francis Chan; there was also Cindy Cruse-Ratcliff, and the latest on my list was Hillsong Worship No Other Name Asia Tour last April the 10th.


When I heard that Planetshakers is coming to town, I said to myself, THIS IS IT! Just weeks after the tickets been opened for selling, I bought myself a ticket so that the mistake of yesterday will not be repeated again. The amazing part was, a very, very good and generous friend from House of Praise, let’s call her “Ms. K,” sent me a message asking me and my sister if we would like to volunteer for House of Praise event merchandise crew, promising us an access pass. In my spirit, I just felt so blessed, and because of that, we said YES! My ticket that I bought? I gave it to my friend, concert buddy, Divina. :) By the way, that ticket is for today, the second night of Planetshakers' concert here in Manila.


Last night’s concert is simply amazing. ‘Twas so surreal, di ko akalaing ma-mi-meet and greet ko sila!! Because my sister and I hold access passes, we can literally roam around and go to different corners of Araneta Coliseum. I will never forget how my heart exploded when we went to the backstage before the concert started; we were standing right behind the Planetshakers worship team! It was so unbelievable and unexpected—I have taken a photo of Joth Hunt’s back, look:


After the concert, Planetshakers made the time to sign the loots of the concertgoers. This was also unexpected in the concert. I was so happy and rejoicing, we were the first in line to get our stuff signed by the band. I can’t really fathom the favor of the Lord—‘twas a dream come true.


Now, for those of you who didn’t make it to yesterday’s event, I’ll update you maybe tomorrow of the concert setlist including that of tonight. While for those of you who are attending the concert later, hope to see you around! :) THANK YOU!


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!

 
Copyright © 2016 Servant's Quill - All Rights Reserved