News
Loading...
Home » , , , » My 19th Birthday + JIL Church 36th Anniversary Celebration

My 19th Birthday + JIL Church 36th Anniversary Celebration


Yesterday, I turned 19, and I am so thankful to the Lord for the strength, guidance, blessings, and favor that He has given. Through the years, He remained so faithful and good to me and my family. Though I experienced the most tragic moment in my life this year, my mom’s death, I never felt forsaken; I never felt abandoned, never alone.

What’s memorable about my birthday this year is, my home church, JILCW (Jesus Is Lord Church Worldwide) also marks a page in its history, the celebration of its 36th year. I was so happy, and because of that, I celebrated my birthday at Luneta, our church’s anniversary venue.
The program started at 3:30 PM and ended at 9:30 PM—six hours of worship celebration to the Most High God. Indeed, it’s my most memorable birthday, so far. It is so remarkable and life-changing. This year’s anniversary theme was all about peace and holiness (Hebrews 12:14). Our keynote speaker, President Aquino, has not only given a speech, but also prayed for the peace and unity in the Philippines. I will never forget the time, when Bishop Eddie Villanueva prayed for everyone. I really felt the Lord is touching me, and the thick atmosphere of His presence is passing by. That time, I renewed my vow to the Lord, to serve Him through the thick and thin. And my prayer that night is for Him to use me more, to give me greater faith, and desire to live a holy and righteous life.

I am so grateful, that each passing moment, every gift of breath and life that God is giving, is an opportunity to live for Him, to serve Him. I have seen a lot of people, and I know a lot who have turned away from the Lord and ended in misery. I can’t imagine my life living without the Lord; because life without Jesus is not life at all, because Jesus is the Life (John 14:6). He is my life; He is my Lord and Savior; and I exist to proclaim that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father!


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always welcome!

 
Copyright © 2016 Servant's Quill - All Rights Reserved